Donning & Doffing
Before getting started, it’s important to note a few things:
- For first time wearers, be sure to consult your doctor before deciding to wear Medical Compression Stockings (MCS).
- Make sure your MCS are the correct size and fit you exactly.
- Never fold over the top seam – this will double the pressure which can lead to dangerous constriction.
- If the pain in your legs increases when you are wearing MCS, or if you feel unwell, consult your doctor immediately.
- Your MCS should last you approximately six months. In order to ensure this longevity, make sure you wear suitable shoes that will not damage the sheer knitted fabric of the stockings, and avoid certain creams, ointments and oils that can ruin your stockings or leave stains. It’s also important when donning and doffing to avoid sharp-edged rings, bracelets or watches, as well as sharp or cracked fingernails to preserve the delicate fabric of your MCS..
- After six months of use, the medical efficacy of your MCS can no longer be guaranteed so we recommend you buy new stockings.